Last Updated: December 1, 2019
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this Privacy Notice sets out how we will treat your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to all users of ToEvent.co.uk our Event Management software (herein collectively referred to as the website
) and to any information provided to us. By using the Services you are accepting the policies described herein. 1 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
Back to top 2 COLLECTING FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and event providers including information relating to any bookings you make via this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including but not limited to personally identifiable information like your name, address and email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of using our website services;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
You may enter your financial information (e.g. credit or debit card numbers) into payment forms on secure (256 bit SSL encrypted) pages in order to pay for bookings at events from time to time. We will securely transmit that encrypted data to your event organisers payment processor and receive a pass/fail result. We will not store your financial information on our servers. Back to top 3 COOKIES
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; to allow you to login to and use private areas on the website; and to conduct transactions via the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. Back to top 4 USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in this Privacy Notice or in relevant parts of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications including communications relating to any event bookings and/or purchases you may make via the website;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology where you have specifically agreed to this. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. Back to top 5 YOUR CONTENT
We provide areas on the website where you can post information about your organisation, yourself, your events and upload content such as images and/or documents. Whenever you disclose such information and/or content publicly (such as on publicly viewable webpages) that information and/or content becomes immediately public and can be collected and used by others. We can't control who reads information and/or content posted by you or what others do with information and/or content you post to the website, so we encourage you to use your discretion with respect to posting personal information. All such postings of information and/or content are governed by our Terms of service, so please review them prior to posting. Back to top 6 DISCLOSURES
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Except as provided in this Privacy Notice, we will not provide your information to third parties. Back to top 7 SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping any login credentials we may provide to you (including but not limited to passwords and PIN numbers) confidential. Back to top 8 POLICY GOVERNANCE AND AMENDMENTS
This Privacy Notice is published by Passport-IT Limited. Passport-IT Limited is a company, registered in England under number 08586212 at The Bridge, Queens Road, Immingham, Immingham, N.E. Lincs, DN40 1QN.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. It is your responsibility to view this Privacy Notice from time to time to be aware of any such change. Your continued use of the website will indicate your agreement to any such change. Back to top 9 YOUR RIGHTS
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. Your profile on the website includes a checkbox which you can tick at any time to opt out. We will still send your notification emails in relation to any bookings you may make via the website even if you have opted-out from receiving marketing emails. Back to top 10 THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Back to top 11 UPDATING INFORMATION
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. Back to top 12 OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any further enquiries about this Privacy Notice or our treatment of your personal data, please write to us by email to [email protected]
or by post to Passport-IT Limited, The Bridge, Queens Road, Immingham, N.E. Lincs, DN40 1QN. Back to top